Here's a list of resources for you if you're looking for some help or inspiration. There's plenty of other options too, so use whatever works best for you and your idea.
If you're unsure or need some guidance, feel free to reach out on Twitter or ask in the chat.
Adventure Time Inspiration
Engines, Frameworks and a Few Total Packages
- GameMaker (There is also a seperate Windows and Mac version)
- Stencyl - Great for 2D Flash games, requires no coding (just logic)
- Unity - Create 3D games with ease
- Inform 7 - Make awesome text-base games
IDEs and Code Editors
Adding audio to your game helps tremendously, so do it!
- Bfxr - Make great sound effects
Have a resource you'd like added to the list? Just let us know!
Awesome Game Jam Keynotes
Global Game Jam 2011 Keynote by Keita Takahashi
7DFPS 2012 Keynote
Other Game Jams